C. Randall Loewen
Mr. Loewen has practiced law for over 38 years, concentrating the areas of oil and gas, corporate and real estate law.
In the oil and gas industry, his experience includes both onshore and offshore work for drilling & production operations and the sale of properties across the continental United States. His major clients have included ConocoPhillips, Devon Energy, Range Resources, Newfield, ARCO, Enbridge Pipeline, EnerVest, Stephens Production, KCS Resources, SWEPI (Shell) and others.
Mr. Loewen’s experience includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Experience as both In-house counsel and outside counsel for major and independent oil and gas companies, and before various State agencies (Office of Conservation & Mineral Board);
- Preparation of Drillsite and Division Order Title Opinions;
- Pooling and Unitization work (Forced Pooled Units, Declared Units and Voluntary Unit Agreements)
- Transactional work, including preparation of Joint Operating Agreements, mergers & acquisitions, due diligence, preparation of PSA’s and financial documents for M&A’s, mineral leases and development contracts (leases, farmouts, participation agreements, operating agreements, etc.);
- Complex litigation at trial and appellate levels;
- General operations experience in the Gulf Coast Area, Louisiana, Texas, Mississippi, Ark-La-Tex, California, Rocky Mountains, Gulf of Mexico, Pacific Ocean and other regions, including: (1) The sale and acquisition of multi-million dollar oil and gas properties (wells and pipelines), team leader for due diligence reviews and preparation of related documents; (2) Title examination and opinions (most recently for the LA Haynesville Shale and Tuscaloosa Marine Shale), (3) preparation of leases, farmouts, joint venture agreements, processing agreements, gas contracts, drilling contracts, and other agreements for development, operation and production of minerals; (4) Natural Gas Pipeline contracts and regulatory work and (5) Practice before regulatory agencies such as the Louisiana Office of Conservation, State Mineral Board and the FERC, and for environmental compliance in connection with drilling and production operations; and
- Major multi-million dollar M&A’s include: (1) South Oklahoma wells and facilities purchased from Amoco, resulting in purchaser being the largest oil producer in Oklahoma, (2) South Belridge Field, California, acquired from Chevron and (3) Monroe Gas Field, Louisiana, which was then used to launch the EnerVest IPO.
- Loewen has also served as Assistant Attorney General to the Louisiana State Mineral Board, been a speaker on several occasions at the Louisiana Mineral Law Institute and written numerous papers on oil and gas form and operations.
- Finally, he is a member of the following Associations: